The 16 Days of Activism Against Gender Violence is an annual international campaign that dates from 1991, started by the Center for Women’s Global Leadership at Rutgers University. Thousands of groups in 156 countries have participated in rallies, public forums, teach-ins, and other events to highlight positive actions men and women can take to stop gender violence in their communities. And this year in the virtual world of Second Life there will be 16 days of activity that anyone can take part in.
Among the highlights:
- Free classes on "activist citizen journalism" taught by any1 Gynoid
- A tour of the RAWA Afghanistan Museum by Artist Trill Zapatero
- The opening of exhibit "Is This Turning You On? Representations of Gender Violence in Second Life"
- The SLLU Feminist Network "Anti-Fashion Show"
- A Men's Roundtable: Role of Men in the Elimination of Violence
See the official website for the complete schedule and other details.
Sponsored by Stop Violence Against Women, the SL Left Unity Feminist Network, Four Bridges and SL Left Unity.